Replete with sliding shoji doors, tatami flooring, and a Japanese rock garden, Chikuzen is a traditional Japanese-styled restaurant with architecture reminiscent of a castle town in the Edo era. Various Japanese style private rooms are available for reservation, as well as a traditional Japanese counter, where food is carefully prepared in front of the customer. Skillful master chefs use fresh seasonal ingredients and carefully prepare the finest authentic Japanese cuisine in a relaxing minimalistic environment and Zen-like ambience.
- 52 Sanzaemon Borihigashinomachi, Himeji-shi, Hyogo-ken 670-0949
- 150 seats
Japanese-style rooms / Counter seats / “”horigotatsu”” (Japanese style seating: low table over sunken space in the floor)/ Japanese style legless chairs
- Business hours
- Lunch 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Last order at 1:30 p.m.)
Dinner 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last order at 8:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station
- If using the JR Kishin line, it is a 15 minute walk from the south exit at Himeji Station.
If using the Sanyo Electric Railway Main line it is a 12 minute walk from Tegara Station.
- Parking available: Free of charge, private parking for 30 vehicles
- Closed every Tuesday and during the beginning and end of the year.